One of the most attractive aspects of the City of Auburn is the community spirit that is felt by residents and businesses alike. There's a reason so why so many of us choose to live, work and play here. We think you'll see that when you walk our scenic streets, visit local retail and restaurant establishments, take in city parks, and attend cultural and community events. Plainly put, it doesn't take long to realize Auburn is a special place.
Proudly known as the “Home of the Classics” for our pioneering role in the early automotive industry, Auburn continues to make a name for ourselves.
Today, our ingenuity and innovation has helped us pioneer in new ways:
- A community-owned fiber infrastructure to manage the distribution of electricity and communication services
- A low tax base
- A broad and varied employer base
- Public-private collaboration on revitalization efforts
Progress. Every step of the way. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow as we continue to seek out opportunities to further the quality of life, business, education, community and economic development of our city.
Creating a progressive community has guided Auburn from its earliest days. Founders Wesley Park and John Badlam Howe established the city along Cedar Creek at the intersection of two major trails-creating the beginnings of an infrastructure that promotes growth and advancement. While dirt trails and the Pony Express have been exchanged for major highways and fiber optics, that same mission guides us today.
In any city, the downtown area is often seen as the front door of the community. Auburn's downtown has long played an important role in the social and economic vitality of the city. Recent revitalization efforts have only increased Downtown Auburn's visibility and positioned it for a sustainable and economically viable future.
- 2021 Downtown Parking Map (PDF)
- Assurances Application (PDF)
- Assurances Application 2 (PDF)
- Complaint Log (PDF)
- Complaint Procedure Application Complaint Form (PDF)
- Dekalb County- Opportunity Zones Investment Prospectus (PDF)
- Language Flashcard (PDF)
- Non-Discrimination-Ordinance (PDF)
- Ordinance 2015-11 Title VI (PDF)
- Title VI Goals (PDF)
- Title VI Public Survey Application (PDF)